Saturday, November 20, 2010

NASCAR!!!

Okay, so there are plenty of you out there who have no idea that I am a Nascar fan! I love it! I record it every weekend that it's on . . . the practice and qualifying and all! I usually end up watching (sleeping through) it on Sunday afternoon. I am a Jeff Gordon fan . . .I know, BOO! HISS! Anyhow, and Karl like Jimmie Johnson - teammates. Katy likes Kyle Busch (although for the life of me, I can't figure out why.) Anyhow, we got tickets to go to the Charlotte Motor Speedway race in October . . . it was my first Nascar race, and Karl's first as afan. Itwas spectacular! I'll admit, thecrazies that come out for the races are hilarious and scary and weird and well CRAZY!!! But, I had a blast . . . we were in the 11th row, just about 75 yards past the start/finish line, so the sound was incredible, and jarring, and amazingly powerful! The anticipation, along with the adrenaline and the excitement, all brought me nearly to tears as the cars ROARED past us at the sight of the green flag! I was amazed at the display of power - to think that man could take credit for such a machine (or 43 of such machines) just blows my mind . . . how much mightier is The hand that created the sun and the moon and the stars?!?!?!?
Wow!
As I type this, the final race of the season is set to take place tomorrow,
and while my driver doesn't have a chance at the championship for this year, Karl's does,
so for today and tomorrow . . .
GO Jimmie Johnson!
Monday, I'll be back to my old favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment