Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just another random blog post.

So, in order to ward off the impending text begging of my sweet cousin Abby, I figure I had better write a blog. Now . . . what to write about??? I have no idea! We've been extremely busy, but nothing much to report . . .

I am in a slight panic in these days heading up to Katy's 12th birthday! Yikes! Where has the time gone??? She is growing up way too fast. She's in middle school this year, and she is gorgeous - so the shotguns have been cleaned a lot lately! ;) Just kidding . . . but I'm sure they will be soon!

Homeschooling is in full swing, and we have brought in all the subjects for the year. I chose to add some of them in one at a time, so we could "ease" into things this year, and I think it helped. We had our first Homeschool Fellowship day yesterday, and that went really well . . . the kids are excited to be back into seeing their friends multiple times a week. Today, Josiah and I started into our regular school schedule (it was an introductory section for the first couple of weeks.) And, we already have "lost" his math book. :( Ugh . . . it's a never-ending battle when we get "cool" books that are supposed to be for school . . . they randomly disappear from the school area. Frustrating to say the least, so Joe is on a hunt today to find the lost book! :)

Yesterday, Karl and I, for the first time ever, voted at a polling station! Well, I think I voted . . . We have always voted absentee in Oregon, as that is our home of record, but this year we decided we should vote here. So, we registered (or so we thought) and even double checked our registrations (as Karl got his card, and I did not.) So, the long and short is that we both had to fill out provisional ballots. Karl's will count, as he was in the system, but I was nowhere to be found! So, if my ballot doesn't count for this primary, I will at least, be all set for the general.

Oh, and we also picked up a Freecycle treasure! For those of you who may not know about freecycle.org, you should! It's a website/group, kind of a classifieds where everything listed is free, or you can post a "Wanted" ad. It's a great resource! We picked up about 7 linear feet of National Geographic Magazines! We have great plans for this treasure trove! We'll be using them for reports and collages and all sorts of fun projects! I can't wait to rip into them! :) teeheehee!

Hunting season opened up for Bow today . . . no, we are not hunting today, or tomorrow, but Friday, Karl will be, and Saturday - we'll see . . . after this week, things should settle down a bit and more hunting time should open up. ("Should" being the key word!)

We are already looking forward to October when we have a trip planned to visit friends and family in North Cackalacka (as Karl would say.) Then come the holidays! I can't wait . . . Christmas music may make it's debut around here very soon! The Amish market up the road will soon begin selling many more candies and breads and pies, and not so many vegetables and plants. I'm looking forward to the peanut butter balls and the peppermint patties . . . YUMMY! Until then . . . I'll stick to the eggplant, squash, still abundant tomoatoes, as well as the wonderful people we get to see there when we visit the market! Oh, and speaking of Amish . . . we'll hopefully soon be picking up a couple new little pigs to raise here at the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment