Thursday, September 2, 2010

What's catch up?

So, those of you who know Us Wards, know that our youngest, Josiah, is a sweet and silly little man. He has gorgeous eyes that smile all the time, and a heart that could melt an ice burg! He didn't talk until he was 3, and hasn't stopped since that day! It has been obvious to Karl and I that he has been developing and refining his personality over the past year or so, as he goes from toddler to child. We can't believe he is school aged! KINDERGARTEN! Yikes.

So, Jojo (as he is most commonly referred to) had a couple of appointments on Monday, so I got a sitter for the other kids and we made a little mommy-date out of the time. We went for his well child doctor visit... He is well. But he had to get a couple shots. He didn't think that was a very good idea, but he survived. Then we had a bit of time, so we scooted over to Taco Bell, (his favorite place to eat,) before his next appointment. He LOVED the fact that we got to go sit inside! He just thought he was super cool. It was so cute! He was watching the lunchtime rush of miscellaneous people filter through, and was just fascinated. We sat and ate for awhile, then I decided to ask him a question. "What's your favorite thing about school?" I asked, and Jojo says "Um, pro'ly my ABC pennies chart." So, as any probing mom would do . . . I asked "What's your least favorite thing about school?" He thought for a good long time, and I was about to ask the question again when he said "Nothing." Great, I thought to myself . . . I am doing great with this whole kindergarten thing! I haven't made him hate school yet! But then . . . he spoke again, and said "Ak-chlly, I don't like it when we don't do school." Uh-Oh! That's all my fault. I'll be honest and admit that adding a new grade level into the mix this year hasn't been easy, and some days are more miss than hit for getting kindergarten done. Well, we'll get it figured out, and this week, minus Monday (because of his appointments) has been all "hit".

Fast forward to yesterday . . . I was setting out his stuff for school onto the table and announced to Joe, that "Today, we are going to play catch up!" He looked up at me with those very seriously questioning eyes and asked "What's catch up?" I couldn't resist, so I replied "You know... red, tomato based dip." :) He thought for a quick second and then asked "Can we play ranch instead?" - It's official! We may have the funniest five year old around! I still can't stop smiling about it! I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt!

3 comments:

  1. What a funny kid. If we all just sit back and listen, these guys say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! He is pro'ly the cutest 5 year old boy I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete