Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Deer, Don't, Do

Deer, for the deer
Don't, for dropping a weight on your foot
Do, for spending a whole day with your family in the kitchen.


We've had some visitors to the property! :) I've been practicing my bow, and if these lady visitors don't watch out, they'll be taking up residence in our deep freezer here in a couple of weeks! There are four who come regularly . . . hopefully they'll keep that up into the season!


So, as you all have heard, Joe successfully smashed his foot with a ten pound free weight. I am happy to report that all is well, and even this nasty bruise is gone for good! :)


Here's just a picture from a couple of weekends ago . . . "corn day". It was fun to hang out in the kitchen all day as a family. I didn't have to husk and desilk too much corn as I was the "cooker"! Lucky me! Standing over 3 boiling pots of water all day! :) The kids suffered through and are enjoying the results of their labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment