Monday, June 28, 2010

This is HUGE!!!

I know, I know, I already wrote a stupid meaningless blog post for today, but hear me out . . . So, we drove up to the hospital, about 45 minutes away, to see a friend and her baby. We had fun, chatting and retelling birth stories, and because it is the new "Mommy's" Birthday, we had cake. The kids were delighted! I held that sweet 9+ pound child for I don't know, maybe an hour . . . all the while realizing how perfect our family is. I no longer have the desire to carry another child for months on end inside me, and then again months on end outside of me. The miracle of a baby's birth will never become less mesmerizing to me, but I no longer desire for it to be a miracle that demands my personal participation. This is HUGE!!! (<-- just ask Karl!) I love babies, and I always imagined having a few . . . but once we started, I never imagined stopping. But now . . . . The baby itch is gone! I'm happy to move into to "auntie" stage of life where I hold them when they're happy, and return them to mom or dad when they are unhappy or messy! (Although I would contend that I am still completely adept at handling either of those situations even still.) So to all the newer mommies out there . . . I am officially into the baby holding stage! Yours, not mine! :)

2 comments:

  1. Miles will be free for the holding (diaper changes are a bonus!) the second week in August when we're at LBC for Joe Pelletier's wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to the day that I feel like that too! I still find myself hoping that Jared's vasectomy fails even though I know what it would mean for me. (hospitalization and misery). I guess it is because we always wanted 4 and because of Hyperemesis we're stopping at 3. My "baby" is 3 now and I'm still waiting to feel complete :(

    ReplyDelete